I made little individual cherry pies in mason jars! I am giving them as homemade Christmas gifts this year! And they are uber cute!
Recipe (Makes 4 jar pies:
4 mason jars (8 ounce)
1 bag frozen tart cherries
2/3 cup of white sugar
1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest
2 tablespoons white flour
Dollops of butter2 rolls frozen pie dough
1. Combine cherries, white sugar, and lemon zest in a saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and stir in of flour
3. Take one roll of prepared pie dough (I used store bought) and press inside an 8 oz. mason jar, until jar is covered.
4. Spoon in cherry filling into mason jar.
5. Put a dollop or two of butter on top of the cherry filling.
6. Cover filling with more dough! (see above picture for ideas).
7. Place in oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.
9. ENJOY CHERRY PIE!!!!!!!
I shared these little pies with two of my favorite people:
(image courtesy of Jenna Garrett)(Chris is a graphic designer and an AMAZING illustrator! Find him at paperbeatsscissors.com)
(Jenna has so many mad skills, it would be difficult to list them all. Check out her website! mindthegapdesign.com)
And for fun, here are some preeeettttyyy red images!
Have a super duper Monday!