kitchen tour: after (and a few before)
by Stacie Bloomfield / 5 comments
Hello! Do you remember a month or so ago when I promised a renovated kitchen tour? Well, here it is! I must warn you, I cannot find many before pictures (the only one's that I have include me and a two day old Violet... please ignore my puffy post pregnant face). Without further adieu, here it is!
Color theme: Black White and Red
1. New quarts counter tops: previously avocado green laminate
2. Removed 70's back splash and replaced with white subway tile with black grout
3. Display case for Cake Plates
4. New Lighting Fixture (previously a long rectangular box system)
5. Refinished cabinetry (previously brown varnished oak, in really bad shape)
6. New hardware (previously an ugly brass)
7. New banjo style kitchen sink
8. New kitchen faucet from overstock.com
9. Put up a door to separate the laundry room from the kitchen. Toped with a painted frame from IKEA that is being used as a corkboard
10. New floors (the previous floors were wood laminate, but were ruined by a flood)
Okay, here is a small glimpse of the before:
As you can see in the before pictures, the kitchen was dated and mismatched. Oh yeah, did I mention that it took us 2 years to complete? Yeah, we are definitely weekend warriors. The kitchen remained halfway done for a good year (see last picture).
Thanks for reading. Please let me know what you think!