Fancy A Pen Pal Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct
The following are general guidelines and program policies that will help ensure a positive experience for our participants and their families. Program is intended for people 18 years or older. Parents/guardians will be asked to accept and acknowledge these guidelines when registering their child for the program.
- All participants will use the Fancy A Pen Pal Program for its intended purposes. The program is intended for handwritten communication via snail mail only.
- Please be responsible for the contents of your letters. Parents/guardians are responsible for the nature of the content in their child’s letters. We expect that participants will converse with respect at all times, and will not submit false, misleading, or inaccurate information pertaining to their identity.
Pen pals should begin the relationship with a letter of introduction, sharing a bit about themselves and asking a question of their pen pal. You may feel excited about having a pen pal, but also nervous about what to write. Here are some ideas to help break the ice! You can tell your pen pal about:
- Your family and where you live
- Your pet/s,
- Your job
- Your favorite activities, books, or movies
- Participants should also agree on how often they would like to exchange letters. For example, once/month is a reasonable guideline for a beginning pen pal exchange. Participants can always make the decision together to write more/less frequently.
- Participants should take care to respond to their pen pal in a reasonable amount of time – no one wants to feel forgotten! They should also be coached to respond with a comparable amount of content, as it would be discouraging for a child to receive a two-sentence response to a two-paragraph letter they worked hard to compose.
- Participation in the program is at-will (either person in a match can opt out at any time), however, we suggest that participants commit to the program for a minimum of 4 letters to allow the pen pal relationship time to develop.
- Gingiber is here to provide assistance during your pen pal relationship. Please contact email@example.com with any questions or program feedback. We want to ensure that you have a positive experience!
By participating in the Gingiber Fancy A Pen Pal Program, you hereby agree to indemnify Gingiber and its respective directors, officers, volunteers, and agents and to defend and hold each of them harmless from any and all claims and liability (including attorneys’ fees) which may arise in connection with participation in the Fancy A Pen Pal Program. While Gingiber endeavors to ensure that all participants are verified and will actively participate in the Pen Pal Program, Gingiber does not guarantee or warrant the frequency or content of communications between participants. Gingiber has the right to remove any participant from the Fancy A Pen Pal Program who does not adhere to our Guidelines and Policies.
- Code of Conduct
It is a condition of your participation in this program that you do not:
- Impersonate or claim the identity or characteristics of any person or entity, falsely claim an affiliation with any person or third party, or submit false, misleading, or inaccurate information pertaining to your identity
- Post or transmit any fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, scandalous, inflammatory, obscene, racist, vulgar, pornographic, hateful, profane, criminal, or offensive material of any kind, including any material that would violate any local, state, national, or international law, or give rise to any civil or criminal liability
- Post or transmit material that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Post or transmit any material that violates or infringes the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that infringes on any intellectual property or contractual rights;
- Violate confidentiality of restricted information or reveal any trade secret information that you have either explicitly or implicitly agreed to keep confidential;
- Post or transmit material that encourages criminal conduct or conduct that might create civil liability for Gingiber LLC
- Infringe or violate the copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, or other intellectual property/proprietary rights of Gingiber LLC any third party;
- Post or transmit any material containing software viruses or similar disabling devices;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, material that is junk mail, encrypted, or invades a person’s privacy, or encourages any conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to any civil liability or that violates any local, state, federal, national, or international law or regulation.
- Any violation of the Code of Conduct will result in expulsion from the Gingiber Fancy A PenPal Program. Any violation of the Code of Conduct should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org